A Semester Exchange at University of Luxembourg
Ph.D. Position at University of Luxembourg
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international
researchuniversity. Times Higher Education (THE) ranks the University
of Luxembourg 58th in the world and 21st within Europe for Computer
Science in 2016. The Faculty of Science, Technology and
Communication of the University of Luxembourg is looking for a
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in Computer Science
- Ref: F1-070073
- Fixed Term Contract, pending satisfaction of progress milestones
- Full time basis (40hrs/week)
- Employee and Student status
The University of Luxembourg seeks to hire outstanding PhD Candidates.
You will carry out research activities and write a thesis, the main goal
being to obtain a PhD in the area of computer science. A possible
research starting point for this PhD project is the design and
implementation of evolutionary algorithms for convolutional neural
network visualisation, and its application in image recognition security.
Suggestions for other research topics in deep learning, and their
applications in security can also be discussed.
The PhD candidate will be a member of the Computer Science and
Communications Research Unit (CSC) within the Faculty of Science,
Technology and Communication at the University of Luxembourg. Part
of the work time must therefore be dedicated to support teaching
activities within the Computer Science Bachelor and Master programs of
The candidate should possess an MSc degree or equivalent in Computer
Scienceor Applied Mathematics before September 30th, 2019. The ideal
candidate should have some knowledge and experience in a number of
the following topics:
- A proven interest in deep learning and evolutionary algorithms is a plus.
- Proven experience with “large”, possibly distributed mathematical
computations is a plus.
- Commitment, team spirit, a critical mind, autonomy and motivation are
skills that are more than welcome.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are
Knowledge of French or German is desirable, but not a must (language
courses are offered at the university).
- Programming skills (mastery of C / C++ and/or Python is a plus).
The University offers a Ph.D. study program with a Fixed Term Contract
up to 3 years in total, pending satisfaction of progress milestones (CDD),
on a full-time basis (40hrs/week). The University offers highly
competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work
in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to
participate in the development of a newly created university.
Application: Your application should include:
- Full CV, and name (and email address, etc) of three referees.
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken.
- Research statements and topics of particular interest to the candidate
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: 30th April, 2019
For further information, please contact :
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Kittichai Lavangnananda (Kitt@sit.kmutt.ac.th)