The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. UNV works with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism.
King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT) and United Nations Volunteers (UNV) aim to inspire Thai youth as a social change agent by improving their potential in volunteerism. Therefore, the two parties pilot the programme that will focus on deploying KMUTT students as national and international volunteers to develop capacities and meet the development needs of ASEAN partners specifically in Cambodia, Vietnam, and Thailand. The recipients will receive a scholarship to do the volunteer work as follows:
Country of Assignment: Lao P.D.R, Indonesia, and Thailand
Duration: 6 months (January – June 2020)
- Full-time KMUTT student
– Undergraduate student, have completed at least two years at KMUTT.
– Graduate student, have completed at least one semester at KMUTT.
- Have Good English skills.
- Candidates are not receiving any scholarship from KMUTT.
- Candidates must have student status at KMUTT during their period of participating in UNV.
- General Education (GEN) Courses and Language Courses (LNG) can be transferred as a credit.
Grant Support: The selected candidates will receive financial support during the program.
How to apply:
- Submit the Application Formalong with the following required documents to your department.
- Student ID card
- Results of English proficiency test
- Certification (if any)
- Your department will screen out and submit the application package to KMUTT International Affairs Office.
- The selection committee will interview, select, and nominate successful candidates to the Host institutions for their final consideration.
- IA will announce the result to the department and students.
Due date of application submission to IA:
Apply now – Friday 11th November 2019 before 16.30 hrs.
Interview Date: November 15th November 2019
For more information: Contact IA, the 6th floor, The Office of the President Building, KMUTT or please contact Mr. Nontanan E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 02470 8468
For SIT students, please contact Ms. Kanokwan (email: email@example.com), IR-SIT section at 2nd floor, SIT Building Tel: 02470 9809
Students have a responsibility to carefully learn more details including complete and prepare all required documents by themselves.